Best answers
Credits
💵1,254
Beri
💰0
Experience
🛡️133
Character Level

The island of Flevance was ravaged by this uncanny coming together of firepower. Despite the group of them wrecklessly destroying the three main points on the island they hadn't encountered
the revolutionaries nor the powerful marines that the spy had promised. The sea was vast and with their foreknowledge of the marines path they were easily able to leave without encounting
the Vice Admiral and his helpers. The crew had a days journey before they return to Spider Miles and used this time to learn about each other and explore the ship. Starrk had his eye on the
young, powerful white haired man with Ice powers. Toshiro was also a former World Noble like Starrk himself, everything about him just oozed power despite his rather slim build and youthful appearance.
While Toshrio explored the top deck and staring out at the sea with his left hand casually resting on the ship's side railing. The rest of the crew had headed downstairs to the rooms
but Starrk lingered at the door behind the rest of them, hearing Yusei loudly claiming the biggest room and Leopold threatening to kill him. Starrk glances over and sees Toshiro seagazing.
Starrk pushes himself with his paws to the other side of the main mast completly hidden behind it with Toshiro on the other side. Planning to observe him secretly and see how good Toshiro's
senses are.

"Not joining the tour?"

Toshiro casually says loud enough for Starrk to hear. Starrk smiled just a bit before walking out from behind the mast.

"I had all night to explore the ship already. I'll still have to make sure the weapons are all still battle ready later but first I'd like to learn how you detected me. Is it possible
you're a Observation Haki user as well?"

Toshiro finally turns to face Starrk, a serious but non-threatening look on Toshiro's face as he replies.

"I am. As well as Armament. Pitou knows both also."

Starrk was unable to stop himself from chuckling a bit. Of course he was. Yusei's true power must be honing in on strong people.

"Good. I'd never say this around the others but.... we all need to get a lot stronger. I'd like to request you train me and anyone else who is willing to listen to use Haki."

Toshiro nodded and crossed his arms. Thinking back to his training sessions with the old man.

"That is a good idea, Yusei and you are both right your all in need of training before we start taking on the Grand Line. I'm fine with training you, I get the feeling you're a
Observation specalist so we'll start there. Have you ever felt an aura from someone before? Or do your cyborg eyes and ears normally take care of finding things for you?"

Starrk thought back to the battle with the minks on Flevance, when he was being attacked by the Cheetah mink Starrk had a new, odd sensation that was tugging at his mind towards the danger
just before it had happened. Starrk had assumed he was just reaching new levels of mastery with his cybernetic eyes and ears but it wasn't really a visual or auditory warning he was feeling.

"Noticed those huh? My parents had it done to me as a child so i'd always have perfect vision and hearing. Would have been nice to know it was going to happen ahead of time though."

Starrk absentmindedly pushes his long hair behind his ear to reveal his ears, the metal on the outside perfectly matching his skin tone with three barely visible lines on
the top, horizontally across the middle, and across the lobe of the false ear where it was put together.

"When we found the Tiger Mink and that murderous man in the forest, Luciano was being accused of being a pyromaniac by some Dwarf. First I got the strange sense that he was lying, despite
Dwarves supposedly being honest at all times. Then when he sicked a herd of Minks on us I kept getting these...mental tugs. Just before one of them attacked me I felt my brain tugging me that
direction."

Some more loud shouting could be heard from below the deck and then one of the cannons goes off, then the sound of the four of them cheering mixed with the water splashing up.
Starrk and Toshiro shaking their heads with a smirk.

"Guess the weapons work." Toshiro remarked. Starrk nodded in agreement.

Word Count: 745.

Going Merry

Legend
pirate
Best answers
Credits
💵3,777
Beri
💰114,000
Experience
🛡️256
Character Level

Toshiro enjoyed the little chat with Starrk while it lasted. The man is a former celestial dragon just like himself and the more he will interact with him, the more he will be able to determine whether his intentions are genuine since it is hard to believe a celestial dragon would abandon all their privileges without having a heavily traumatic past such as his own. The suspicion of him being a spy is an ever present thought.

When Toshiro and Starrk walk on the other four to check on them, their cheering is over and they fire the cannon a second time. Toshiro and Starrk, both serious by nature, try to state their disapproval about wasting such resources but their voices are completed lost in the middle of a new cheering which is even wilder and louder than before. At the sight of the four members acting like frenzied kids, the captain being no better, Toshiro gives up on reprimanding them further. But instead of deception, Toshiro feels relief. The innocence of these four puts him at ease since he is at least guaranteed they are truly what they claim to be, even for Goenitz whom he was at odd with at the beginning.

The sound of another cannon being fired is heard. However, it is not one of theirs and rather comes from a distance. Shortly after, a blast is heard and the ship is shaken violently. Toshiro understands that another ship has fired their cannon at the crew's ship. He rushes out of the room to find out quickly where they have been hit and Starrk accompanies him. Meanwhile, the other four head for the deck to find out about the enemy.

After running around the ship briefly, Toshiro and Starrk find a big hole in the hold area. This is where all of the crew's treasures were being kept; the crime proceeds from Lucario's mob, the boosting drugs from the defeated Peacekeeper, and the medical manuals from the Sacred Heart hospital. All washed away after the cannonball made its impact there. Toshiro uses his powers to fill the hole with ice and prevent seawater from entering further and causing the ship to sink.

"Thanks, that helps! I'll handle the repairs here. Go check if your powers are needed elsewhere in case we are hit again."

There is some form of authority in Starrk's voice which is undeniable, and the order is most appropriate for the situation. A faint hint of his ability to lead and why he is second in command. Toshiro shows respect and complies, rushing out to join the others.

"Oho! If it's a fight they want, then they'll be served! Luciano, go help Starrk with handling the damages! Goenitz, steer us out of their cannons' way! Toshiro, you're in charge of blocking their cannonballs! Pitou, come with me! Let's have more fun with the cannons!"

Yusei seems to be having too much fun in such a serious situation. However, much like Starrk a moment ago, his orders also show his leadership skills and why he is in charge. The crew has no objection as there is simply no better course of action. Ahead of their position is a heavily armed ship which is too far away to reach without facing a flurry of cannonballs in doing so. Attacking with cannons and dodging the enemy is the only option for now until they are able to close the distance.

"YES!" replies everyone in unison before they all split to perform their allocated tasks.

Toshiro, left alone on the deck, faces a new wave of cannonballs. Using his powers, he creates ice swords which he then hurls at those cannonballs guaranteed to hit the ship. The cannonballs are split in two and stopped in their course, falling down into the sea in loud splashes. As for those cannonballs which hit the seawater around the ship, they create waves which rock the ship violently and makes it more challenging to focus. However, Toshiro soon gets the hang of it and is able to keep defending the ship properly.

Toshiro's task becomes easier once Goenitz starts to skillfully maneuver the ship out of harm's way. Meanwhile, Yusei and Pitou are firing the cannons to their heart's content. The enemy is barely able to keep up their offensive and evasive tactics in a cohesive way which is on par with the Shinigami Pirates. Assuredly, no other crews have skilled individuals like their own and soon enough, the enemy is taking hits and is unable to counter-attack. A white flag is finally raised. Seems like Toshiro's job is done.

Starrk and Luciano soon join Toshiro on the deck. Their job is done as well and the ship should be safe from any risk of sinking now. They did a magnificent job to repair and keep the ship in fully operational during the naval battle. Yusei and Pitou are next to join the group, followed by Goenitz after he has steered the ship close enough to the enemy's.

"We surrender!" shouts the enemy captain from his ship's deck, while waving his white flag vigorously.

"Why did you attack us? State your intentions!" asks Starrk.

Apparently, Yusei cares more about comparing the quantity and quality of his cannon attacks with Pitou to determine who contributed more to the victory. He cannot care less about knowing why they fought, he only needs to know they won. So here's the vice-captain handling the affairs of a more formal nature.

"Eh!? You attacked us first! You were firing your cannons in our direction!" replies the enemy captain.

"We did? Bah, I guess it serves as experience too. We'll be on our way."

"Wait, we're sinking! Help us!"

"Serves you right! We lost precious cargo because of you."

Starrk ignores the continuous pleas of the man and orders Goenitz to steer away towards their original destination. Once things have calmed down, Toshiro meets with him.

"So, about this training, are you ready to do it now?" asks Toshiro.

"Sure, I'm ready." replies Starrk.

"What's this about?" asks Yusei, putting his nose in the conversation.

"Toshiro will be teaching me about Observation Haki. You should probably join too."

"Training? Sound boring."

"The reward is pretty cool, though."

"Really? Then I guess I'll give it a try."

"Let's also see with the others if they want to join."

After inquiring with the others, only Goenitz shows interest to join the training. Luciano is busy finalizing the temporary repairs of earlier and Pitou chose to stay with him, prioritizing playtime with another feline mink over the training. Again, Toshiro has to wonder if these two's interest in each other won't end up with them mating.

"Well then, let's get started." announces Toshiro, ready to train everyone who showed up.

Word count: 1132

Last edited:

Coyote D. Starrk

Game Developer
pirate
Best answers
Credits
💵1,254
Beri
💰0
Experience
🛡️133
Character Level

Their ship had come under attack interrupting the pair of pirates discussion about Haki, after quickly telling the others their course of actions the crew easily dispatched the random enemy ship. Even after finding out they had been the ones to start the fight Starrks form of apologizing was not robbing and finishing them off. Instead they sailed away and began their Observation Haki training sessions, the pair of Minks forgoing the class to work on the ship.

"So first of all I'll need you all to put on these blindfolds." Toshiro said as he tossed them each a thin black strip of cloth.

"Unlocking your Observation Haki will require relaying on your senses and learning how to passively feel the enemies intent and course of attack. When you've mastered the basics you'll be able to see it coming before they even begin the attack."

The trio of students tied the clothe around their heads with a few grumbles from Leopold as Toshiro went over the basics of the ability.

"Now to start with learning to relay on your other senses you'll keep those on all night and go about all of your tasks and duties til this time tomorrow." Starrk sighed instinctively at the thought of going around blindfolded. Luckily his cybernetic ears would ease the transition into his day of darkness. The other two threw out a few gripes but were also eager to prove their ability to master this new technique the fastest. The two seemed to continue to compete and argue as Starrk simply nodded and walked toward the door for downstairs.

Leaving the group for now and slowly walking through the halls Starrk paid close attention to the creeks of the boards and how their echos bounced off the walls around him. After about an hour or wandering, lightly touching the walls and items around him getting used to the shop rocking about on the waves and memorizing the pathways Starrk was able to walk about at a normal pace without bumping into the walls and doors. He had no idea what the others were up to besides random noises his ears picked up but now he found himself at the damaged section of hull from when they lost their treasures earlier. Starrk ran his hands over the new wood Luciano and Starrk had put in place and learning the old feeling of wood and the new. After checking for holes and making sure everything was air tight Starrk was proud of the Minks touch ups he had done while Starrk had been training. While feeling around his nose couldn't help be assaulted by the stench of the pair of Minks however and it eventually forced him out of the room.

After checking in with the repairs Starrk found his way back to the kitchen and heard someone moving about and smelled something wonderful. Taking a second to feel the energy in the room Starrk shivered and realized the room was far colder than the rest of the area even colder than the freezer in the kitchen.

"So you're a chef as well? From the smell of it, quite a good one at that." Starrk said as he took a few deep whiffs.

Toshiro continued to work with just a quick glance over to his pupil as he turned to fetch a knife from the wooden block behind him.

"Thanks bruh, how goes the training?"

The Marksman wasnt quite sure what a "bruh" but the smell of the delicious food was shoving that thought aside in his mind in favor of filling his stomach.

"Good, think I've got the insides of the ship memorized now. What are the others up to?" Starrk asked as he felt around and found a stool to sit on.

Toshiro ladled some sort of soup and laid out pieces of cooked meat along the side of it, filling up six bowls and six plates and placed them on a tray.

"I think they were having a competition about who could learn to rig the sails while blindfolded the fastest. Hey, carry the dinner tray for me. If I carry it the food will he frozen by the time I get it to the dining room. Try not to drop it or we might have a war on our hands. "

Starrk smirks and nods as he walks over towards the source of the delicious smell, carefully picking it up with both hands and slowly following the footsteps of the young chef.

Word Count: 750

Going Merry

Legend
pirate
Best answers
Credits
💵3,777
Beri
💰114,000
Experience
🛡️256
Character Level

Using his own training as reference, Toshiro asks that his students are blindfolded before going on with their usual daily tasks. He watches over them for some time to ensure that they don’t go overboard, literally and figuratively, and cause any serious incident. Once he is satisfied with their behaviour, he decides to move on to focus on his own training.

Before anything else, Toshiro starts by jogging around the ship. He then finds himself a calm spot on the ship’s deck to continue his warm up session with some push-ups, squats, jumps and other exercises. Once done, he picks up his sword and begins to practice various slashes and steps combinations, visualising himself fending against various powerful opponents throughout the process. Hayden, Pitou and Genryu are all included, making the training more intense than he intended to. But the satisfaction of completing such a training is unequalled.

While taking breaks in between his training, Toshiro often watched the waves going back and forth and the image of ripples expanding in the water stuck in his mind, inspiring him to create a sword technique that would replicate such properties. It is now time to work on it and make it a reality.

Toshiro throws some random stuffs lying around the ship into the water in order to generate ripples. He then follows up with sword slashes which create airwaves trying to travel in parallel with the ripples. However, although the airwaves do travel in the same direction, they remain compact in nature and their length doesn’t expand to match the ripples in covering a larger area.

Toshiro perseveres by making adjustments to the way he moves his body, his arms and his wrist to perform his slashes, as well as the force he puts into them, and is finally able to note a slight progress in his endeavour to replicate the ripple motion in his airwaves. Encouraged by this, he keeps practising for as long as his muscle memory still has a faint grasp of how to do the special slash, until he is finally able to understand it completely and is able to create ripple-type airwaves at will.

The last part that needs to be resolved to complete the technique is how to prevent the uneven power level along the airwave as it expands. Some angles of the airwave seem to retain its original destructive power while other angles tend to thin out and sometimes even disperses. However, with more practice, Toshiro is able to perfect the technique until he obtains an airwave that can expand and retain its destructive power along all of its body. He names the technique Getsuga Tensho (Moon Fang Heaven-Piercer) and further develops two other variations of it.

Name: Getsuga Tensho (Moon Fang Heaven-Piercer)
Style: Ittoryu
Weapon: Katana
Type: Offensive
Range: Long
Experience Required: 50
Damage Magnitude: 4
Description: The user performs a 180-degree slash which produces a crescent-shaped airwave that travels up to long range while expanding proportionately to cover the area from the user's left to his right. The move has three variations where the user can (1) perform it while standing; (2) perform it while jumping and rotating on himself, and; (3) perform it while almost crouching and rotating on himself, akin to executing a sweeping kick. For the last variation, the airwave will travel through the ground and raise debris as it travels along.
Note: Can only be used three times.

Once his training session is over, Toshiro heads to the kitchen to prepare something for the crew. He checks the ingredients available and gets an idea of what he will prepare. However, it appears an important ingredient is missing – Salt! But this much cannot stop his plans to prepare a great meal for his brothers in arms. Surely they won’t fuss about consuming a little of his salty sweat from the training. And thus he keeps going on with his important mission.

The meal Toshiro will prepare consists of a laksa noodle soup and tamarind mackerel. He begins by preparing a shrimp paste in a skillet by cooking shrimp in butter while progressively adding in sweat, black pepper, lemon juice and cayenne pepper, and processing the whole mix until it becomes smooth and silky. He then uses his powers to refrigerate the paste, which will go into the preparation of the laksa paste next.

For the laksa paste, Toshiro first boils dried chillies until they are softened. He then cooks coriander, sweet paprika, cumin and turmeric in a small pan for up to two minutes, and lets the spice mix cools down afterwards. Finally, he processes the chillies and spice mix along with the shrimp paste and other ingredients such as onion, lemongrass, galangal, cashew nuts, garlic and peanut oil. Again, the silky and smooth paste is refrigerated with his powers.

Toshiro now prepares the laksa broth. To do so, he heats oil in a small pan, adds ginger and garlic that he fries quickly, then adds lemongrass and chillies before cooking the whole for a minute. Next, he adds the laksa paste and turns up the heat, stirring constantly until fragrant. Once done, he adds chicken stocks which he prepared on the side, coconut milk, fish sauce and chilli sauce. He covers his pan with a lid and lets the content simmer for ten minutes. Finally, he adjusts the taste with lime juice for sourness and fish sauce for saltiness, and adds tofu puffs into the laksa broth.

The laksa is now ready to be assembled. Six bowls are filled with noodles which Toshiro also prepared on the side and which are topped with shredded chicken. The laksa broth is then poured over the noodles and chicken, topped with beansprouts, with other garnishes being sprinkled over the bowls.

One last thing which Toshiro prepared on the side is tamarind mackerels. A chef should always be able to multitask that much in order to have every elements of a meal ready at the same time to have them all fresh when served. The preparation of this other meal required mixing olive oil, garlic, tamarind paste, dill, ginger, cayenne peppers, cumin powder, coriander and sweat altogether in a bowl to obtain a marinade. Toshiro then cut off the mackerels’ heads and sliced the rest of the fishes on both sides to insert the marinade in there. And finally, he baked the fishes in an oven for up to twenty-five minutes.

Just when Toshiro is nearly done with placing everything on a tray, Starrk comes into the kitchen.

"So you're a chef as well? From the smell of it, quite a good one at that."

"Thanks bruh, how goes the training?"

"Good, think I've got the insides of the ship memorized now. What are the others up to?"

"I think they were having a competition about who could learn to rig the sails while blindfolded the fastest. Hey, carry the dinner tray for me. If I carry it the food will be frozen by the time I get it to the dining room. Try not to drop it or we might have a war on our hands. "

Toshiro and Starrk then head towards the dining room and place everything on the dining table, being careful to put up a nice presentation worthy of the quality of the meal. On the way, Starrk demonstrates that he is indeed progressing well on using his secondary and tertiary senses, something which helps with training his observation haki.

Luciano and Pitou barge into the dining soon only seconds after Toshiro and Starrk are done, apparently their keen sense of smell having picked up on the perfume of the meal.

“This smells soooooo good! I’m digging in!”

“Hold on! It will taste better with everyone around. Go fetch them.”

“Huh, it will still taste good even without them. I can tell by the scent of the meal.”

Pitou is ready to bypass Toshiro’s order and begins to make her way towards the nearest plates. However, Luciano locks her in his arms from behind.

“You guys get the others while I restrain her.”

“Let me gooooo!”

The scene is quite comical for now but Starrk prefers not to take any risk in case it escalates into a real fight. He uses his powers to teleport to the others’ locations and brings them quickly into the dining room.

“Whew, this smells good! Who prepared all that?” asks Yusei.

“Toshiro did.”

“I guess we’ve filled that cook position. Let’s all eat, all that training made me hungry and I can’t wait anymore! Thank you for the meal!”

With the captain’s order now given, the dinner may begin. Toshiro watches his peers bite into their meal first and once he is guaranteed that they are enjoying it, he can finally relax. He does one last trip to bring some booze and other non-alcoholic drinks to the table before he starts to dine as well.

The crew, in a jovial mood, engages in loud chatter, singing competition and other games while they dine together. Their bond starts to consolidate.

Word count: 1393
Total word count: 2525

Last edited:

Coyote D. Starrk

Game Developer
pirate
Best answers
Credits
💵1,254
Beri
💰0
Experience
🛡️133
Character Level

After the crews first "family dinner" together they had all sat around enjoying conversation although it was rather comical with half of them blindfolded Pitou would make random goofy faces at Leopold and Starrk when they started acting too arrogantly. Eventually the talk died down and they split back up, the mink pair cavorting off together again to play around and the three blinded members following Toshiro to the deck for the next part of training.

"Now that you've got a little practice in seeing without your eyes we'll see how well you can read the intent of attacks. I'll take turns whacking you in the head and see how many whacks it takes to crack your skulls or crack this training. Kneel."

Toshiro forms a ice sword with a round "blade" as the three pirates kneel down and smacks Yusei square on the forehead with it with one well practiced swing. The crack of ice on bone reverberates across the ship and down below even the Minks ears perk up from registering the sound, this causes Yusei to holler in pain.

"Ow! Damn man be careful with that thing! You could have killed me!"

hidden by the blindfold Starrk rolled his eyes at Yusei's ironic catchphrase. Then it was the large 3 eyed Bruce's turn, who, due to his special extra appendage was wearing a triangle of cloth over his head instead of the normal blindfold. Toshiro slammed the ice construct into the top of Leopold's head dragging out a stifled grunt but no physical movement. Starrk knew he was next and focused his attention on Toshiros footsteps and the cold aura coming off of him. An image of a glowing empty outline of Toshiro centering a glowing weapon for a strike behind Starrk and darkness surrounding them. The outline raises its arm and then shakes a bit before becoming a blur, like a fog of freezing white mist surrounding him and wrapping around him. Starrk tried to force the fog back into shape but before he could Toshiro smacked him on the top of his head the same as the others.

"You're thinking too much, I can tell you're tensing up. Dont be afraid of the pain, anticipate and embrace it. Plan around it without thinking."

Leopold crosses his arms and gruffly asks.

"Only time my mind is silent is while I'm killing."

Toshiro cracks him on the head again.

"Then imagine when you're... killing someone, they'll be fighting back. Imagine this ice tool is their struggle for their life."

Leopold uncrosses his arms and places his palms on his lap and his face splits in half into a viscous grin. Toshiro centers his ice weapon over Yusei.

"What about you Captain? What clears your mind?"

Yusei smirks and replies "Hot girls and booze usually get rid of my thoughts Haha-"

Toshiro cracks him again.

"Bah! You're gonna kill me!"

"Guess she wasn't hot enough."

Toshiro moves behind Starrk again and levels his weapon once more.

"And you? Any tricks?"

Starrk breathed deeply and steadily before replying.

"My little sister."

Toshiro's face gave away his surprise for a moment, not that any of the other members here could see. Toshiro waited a beat and then brought his ice weapon down aiming for Starrk's right shoulder instead of his head this time. To Starrk he could see the outline raising his weapon in flashes mixed with flashes of Lilynette smiling and laughing before she had fallen ill. Starrk saw a flash of the weapon striking his shoulder and at the last second leaned to the left, the ice scraping along the cloth on his arm just barely missing the shoulder itself. Toshiro turned the sword and placed it on his right shoulder for a moment.

"Well damn, looks like we have a prodigy here."

Yusei jerking his head towards Starrk.

"I didnt hear a crack did you seriously already dodge one what the hell?! My first mate is a genius Haha!"

Toshiro waits for Starrk to return to his original position and then swiftly brings his weapon down on Starrk's left shoulder causing the Marksman to shout partly from surprise, partly from pain.

"Gotta keep your guard up. Genius."

Toshrio snickers as Starrk rubs his shoulder.

"Noted. So how many times do you think you'll have to smack us before we get this? "

Toshiro shrugs and places his weapon back on his shoulder.

"That depends on you guys. The more you focus the faster this will go. I know you'll be done when you can dodge 100 strikes in a row."

Yusei began rubbing his head again with his left hand.

"Ah man! If I die I'm haunting your ass!"

Toshiro's face showed annoyance and he swings his ice weapon down intending to hit Yusei's right shoulder when Yusei's hand quickly jumped from the back of his head to his right shoulder, placing his flat hand between the ice and his shoulder inches before it would have impacted.

"Do blocks count? Yusei smirks as he asks Toshiro his sarcastic question.

Toshiro lifts the weapon up and strolls back to Leopold.

"I guess so. I can tell you and big boy here arent going to be doing much dodging in most fights."

The three-eyed tribesman was mysteriously still considering the fact that his face looked like he was on the verge of biting into someones flesh. Toshiro swings his ice blade horizontally towards the right side of the giant man's neck. When the sword was about half a meter away his huge fist flew up and struck the bottom of the ice and caused the blade to shatter leaving a cracked handle in the white wolf's hand.

"Another." Leopold said with his grin widening and his eyed gleaming red.

Their training lasted all night and into the morning and as the morning broke over the ship Pitou and Luciano emerged on deck and found the four men surrounded by bits of broken ice and wood. The sounds of the cracks against wood, the ice cutting through the air and the three students calling out numbers one after another had replaced the skull cracking soundtrack of the previous day. Toshiro reared up and delivered one final horizontal swing aiming for the side of Starrk's left shoulder. In quick succession Starrk, Yusei and Leopold bowed down and the blade passed over them and caused the air around Toshiro to whirl around with surprising power for a few moments before the scene comes to a calm halt. The three students sat up together and in unison shout out

"100!"

Toshiro's weapon melts away and he dusts his hands off.

"Excellent timing. Well done. Who's ready for breakfast?"

All six of their stomachs loudly growled at once and the crew begins laughing as the three crewmates removed their blindfolds.

Word Count: 1135

Starrk Total: 2630

Objectives
  1. Train in Observation Haki (Will)
  2. Perform tasks with secondary/ tertiary senses. (Will)
  3. Perform mid-battle repairs(Will)
  4. Bond with crewmates (EXP)
  5. Win Navel Battle (EXP)

Last edited:

Going Merry

Legend
pirate
Best answers
Credits
💵3,777
Beri
💰114,000
Experience
🛡️256
Character Level

The crew’s first voyage at sea has been fairly eventful and fruitful. From engaging in a naval battle to training observation haki, not a minute has been wasted and here they are, reaching the end of it as they approach the coastline of Spider Miles.

This will be Toshiro’s first time on the island. He is unfamiliar with it but some of the others seem to have unfinished business here, namely Yusei and Starrk. However, before any of these two has time to lead the way after the ship is docked, an overly excited Pitou sprints down the ramp and disappears amidst the crowd within the Iron Docks in a similar way to how a cat can mysteriously rocket to an unknown destination for unknown reasons.

“What the…!?” exclaims Toshiro as he witnesses the scene.

While the others still stand confused, Toshiro chases after Pitou. Contrarily to her, who seems to have been able to move within the crowd with ease, Toshiro finds himself struggling against a human wave that just won’t cooperate with him. He soon loses track of Pitou and can’t seem to find any hint of where she went. Even using his observation haki proves useless as it seems she is already too far away now.

Toshiro doesn’t give up and keeps looking, asking people around if they have seen the mink and giving a description of her. After an hour, he comes back to the ship alone. He is greeted by Starrk who is on his way to visit the docks. The latter tells him that all the others have already left the ship and he is the last one to be doing so. Yusei, Goenitz and Luciano will be busy visiting and shopping around and shouldn’t be back anytime soon. Apparently, they all chose to go in different directions.

“Sigh, what an unruly bunch.” thinks Toshiro to himself after Starrk has left. “They are all doing their own stuffs alone instead of being present for the others and working together as a crew. Can I really depend on them to achieve my goals? An opportunity to take on a vice admiral has already been forfeited, and now one member is seemingly lost and the others just went on with their life as if it is nothing.”

Toshiro decides to give it some time and waits on the ship for Pitou or someone else to come back. But after several hours, the sun is setting down and he remains alone on the big ship. Enough is enough, he has received confirmation of what to expect from the crew the way they are now. If he wants to keep progressing quickly, he will need to ride solo for some more time. It doesn’t mean that he quits the crew as this is only a temporary measure. He will group up with them again someday when they have matured, a feat which he definitely sees realizable as long as Starrk is with them. The vice captain, with his serious nature and latent skills, has what it takes. There is no need for Toshiro, who shares similar traits, to be present as well.

And thus, with Pitou’s disappearance and the others being busy elsewhere, Toshiro detaches his boat from the crew’s ship and leaves for his own adventures.

Word count: 552
Total word count: 3077

Objectives:
  • Defend the ship during a battle with another ship (EXP)
  • Train for a technique on your vessel (EXP)
  • Put your cooking skills to use (EXP)
  • Have the will to share your acquired techniques and training tips with others (WILL)
  • Have the determination to serve a meal despite salt missing, by replacing it with your sweat (WILL)
Burnt at the Stake -
Having participated in the Witch Hunt Event, this allows the person to gain an additional +1 LP for every Free-roam/Travel FR that they submit regardless of restrictions. This Trait lasts until August 31, 2019.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)